Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Total Downloaded
    106.16 MB

Post Help me create the Best Skylander Editor

I am trying to create an All-in-One Skylander Editor.

Current Features:
    Identify Most (but not all) Skylander Dumps.

Edit ALL values for Characters. This includes Hat, Name, Gold, Exp/Level, Heroic Challenges, Fairy Path and Hero Points.

Reads in Skylanders from a NON-XBox 360 USB Portal connected to a Windows PC.

Reads in Encrypted Skylanders for editing.

Reads in Decrypted Skylanders for editing.

Writes Decrypted Skylander Dumps and Encrypted Skylander Dumps by user selection in a file menu.

Can write data back to a Skylander Figure on the Non-XBox 360 Portal.

The Figure's serial number can be randomized but should ONLY be used on a MiFare S50/Magic Chinese card. NOT on a figure on the Portal. See below for Known issues.

Can edit Figure's Character ID and Variant/Generation ID. With Exceptions, as noted below.

Supports Maxlander Tags for reading/editing except for the 2KB Swap Force Dumps.

Corrects the Checksums for Figures when writing to the Portal, or back to your PC.

Writes data to both Data blocks for the Figure. So your edited data is there, no matter which data block the game reads from.

To do:
    The Program can not identify All Imaginator Crystals. The program does recognize the Imaginator crystals that have been posted here but according to the Skylander Wiki, I am missing some dumps still. Thankfully it should be somewhat simple to find the missing figures Data as they follow a pattern. And I would only need to modify two bytes on the Dump at most to brute force find the missing values. I will post a follow up on what I have in terms of Crystal dumps.

The Fairy Skills writing may write all skills as obtained for that path, and not allow the user a more fine grained selection of skills.

Reading a Figure from the Portal needs to disable the Random Serial option/function.

Reading a Figure from the Portal needs to disable the ability to change the Figure's ID and/or Generation/Variant ID.

Traps (Not Trap Team Characters) are not editable yet. I need more information on their data structure and their data so I can create a new GUI interface for it. And what Data goes where on the Figure for the new GUI.

Superchargers Vehicles are identified but I don't know what data is where on the figure, outside of the Header Bytes, and what values are written, if any or if their data structure is different from a Charahcter Figure.

Imaginators Crystals are completely unknown for me. They should have the same header bytes, but beyond tat, their data structure is unknown. Editing these, would probably be an awesome feature to have but would require community effort and lots of dumps and me figuring out what data goes where. Resetting a Creator Crystal should be easy to implement though.

Reading and Writing via an Xbox 360 portal would be a nice feature to have but would require more effort for the user as well as myself to make that work. This is due to the Drivers for the Xbox 360 portal being unsigned. There is a way to fix this but it does require more technical know how for the end user as well. Also, the Xbox 360 portal will require more commands sent via USB compared to a Non-Xbox 360 portal. This is a low priority feature.

Known Editor Defects/issues:
    The Program can NOT write Header Data to a blank MiFare (S50/Magic Chinese) Card via a Skylander Portal. This is NOT a fault of the program, but how the Portal itself works/behaves. The Skylander Portal can be told "Write to the Header Blocks of the Figure/Card" but those commands are ignored by the portal itself.

This program does not write to external hardware like the ACR122u. It's not supported by this program.

Not all Figures are correctly identified. If you have a figure that is not identified by the editor, please let me know what it is supposed to be, and make sure your dump is valid/good.

Hats are editable on a single game basis even though you can set a hat for each game from Superchargers going backward to Adventures on a single figure.

If a Figure's Nickname, contains a NON-ASCII Character or characters, then the program will assume that the dump is encrypted. Even if the figure is not encrypted.

An Unknown figure shows the error message about "Unknown Figure" twice.

Attempting to Load a Maxander 2KB dump for a Swap Force Character's Top and Bottom Half, will not work. The program even mention that it thinks you are loading a Maxlander 2KB Dump file.

The Figure Detection method is not a thing. Loading any 1KB file will be treated as a tag. Any 2KB File is thought of as a Maxlander Dump for a Swapforce Character top and bottom half. But this does not create a valid Tag from a blank 1KB File.

Total Downloaded
    106.16 MB
    Version History:

Version Alpha 1:
    Initial Release version.

WARNING!
    This is an Alpha Release. It shouldn't break your Skylander but it may cause issues. Always make a back up of your data before editing and writing figure data.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by hegyak; 04-05-2020 at 06:39 PM. Reason: Added Program

Total Downloaded
    106.16 MB
    Known Counts of Crystals:
    3 Air, 3 Dark, 3 Earth, 3 Fire, 5 Life, 4 Light, 4 Magic, 3 Tech, 3 Undead, 3 Water.

So far, we have
    2 Air, 2 Dark, 1 Earth, 1 Fire, 2 Life, 2 Light, 3 Magic, 2 Tech, 3 Undead and 3 Water Figure and Variant ID dumps out of the above counts.

And unfortunally, I don't know what Dumps we are missing. There isn't really a way to identify them easily.

Total Downloaded
    106.16 MB

Lightbulb

The Code is now on GitHub as well:
    https://github.com/hegyak/SkyEditGUI

It's GPL-3.0

That means you can do whatever you like BUT you MUST have the Source Code publicly available.

Total Downloaded
    58.43 MB

Possibile?

Heyyy Really Impressive !!!

With this editor is it possibile to write a skylander in the place of another , (Ex: write Wildfire in the shroomboom figurine and such) and using the ps3 portal to write data ?

Total Downloaded
    37.55 MB
    How can I connect my portal? I've tried with my Trap Team portal and with my Swap Force portal, but I keep getting the "Portal Not Found" message

Total Downloaded
    106.16 MB
    Quote Originally Posted by RedHawk View Post
    With this editor is it possibile to write a skylander in the place of another , (Ex: write Wildfire in the shroomboom figurine and such) and using the ps3 portal to write data ?
    Known Editor Defects/issues:
    The Program can NOT write Header Data to a blank MiFare (S50/Magic Chinese) Card via a Skylander Portal. This is NOT a fault of the program, but how the Portal itself works/behaves. The Skylander Portal can be told "Write to the Header Blocks of the Figure/Card" but those commands are ignored by the portal itself.
    The Games use that Header Data to determine what the Figure is. So the Portal will ignore any attempts to write to that section of the figure or card.

But, you can use other hardware that does write the header data to a Blank MiFare (S50/Magic Chinese) Card and this editor does support changing one figure for another. But, you must NOT use that function if you are reading/writing to a Figure on the Portal. As that WILL cause the game to consider the figure's data "Corrupt" and will need to be reset in game.

Quote Originally Posted by Nintenerd View Post
    How can I connect my portal? I've tried with my Trap Team portal and with my Swap Force portal, but I keep getting the "Portal Not Found" message
    Is the Portal recognized by Windows? I know the portal is recognized in Windows 7 and Windows 10. But it does NOT work for the Xbox 360 portals as they use the Infineon security chip and that is not supported and the Drivers for the Xbox 360 portals are unsigned.

Your Portal should have the Vendor ID:
    0x1430
    and Hardware ID:
    0x0336

And be listed under "Human Interface Devices" If you do not know what Vendor ID and Hardware ID means, I can not help you.

The portal will NOT be listed as "Skylander Portal" or anything like that. It has the name "USB Input Device"

This program does not support the Wireless Portal if you are using that. That is another known defect.

Total Downloaded

Identifying Skylanders

If you need a list of internal identifiers or names used by skylanders games for identification, I could probably get that to you by dumping one of the games.

Total Downloaded
    106.16 MB
    Quote Originally Posted by skylanderscloner View Post
    If you need a list of internal identifiers or names used by skylanders games for identification, I could probably get that to you by dumping one of the games.
    That would be interesting to hear how you did that. I own all six games for Xbox 360, Giants for 3DS and Trap Team for PS4. Being able to dump/rip the game's database of figures, especially from Imaginators would be REAL helpful and it would recognize all the figures from Gen 1 through Gen 6. And give me even more data to work with as well.

Total Downloaded
    106.16 MB
    I am using GitHub to release the Editor and Source Code. I also attached Alpha 4 on this thread.
    https://github.com/hegyak/SkyEditGUI...es/tag/Alpha-4

Change Log:
    Alpha 4:
    Disable irrelevant Controls when Editing Vehicles and Traps.
    Load Trap/Vehicle editor when loading the proper figure.
    Fix Saving Trap Data. CRC not correct still.
    Put Portal Reading/Writing into Background Worker (Primary Figure Only).
    Remove Try/Catch from Listbox Function.
    Cleaned up Code base, some. Probably still needs a Major Refactoring.

Alpha 3:
    Fix some Figures not being recognized or being wrongly recognized or written incorrectly as something else to File.
    Added System Functionality. It's pointless, probably. But it's there anyway.
    Displays WebCode. This isn't really necessary either but again, it's there because I could. Only Figures up to Gen 3 have a WebCode.
    Setup Trap and Vehicle Editor.
    Add Raw Write function. It will write the Figure as is. No Changes. Useful for making a Backup of your Figure.

As before, please submit bug reports and test this editor. You CAN Change a Figure's ID/Variant ID using this program but, you can NOT write the header bytes via the Portal. You must use a different piece of hardware for that.
    Also, Changing your figure to an Imaginator Figure is allowed, but it will NOT work in game due to complications with those Figures.
    Do NOT write to an Imaginator Figure on the portal with this program. It will write ALL Non-Header Data to the Figure. You can and possibly will brick your figure. Make a backup of your Imaginator figure using Raw Dump first.

I am looking for:
    Any Imaginator Dumps not found here.
    A SuperChargers Vehicle (Any) where you know what the Mods are used out of these three:
    Performance, Specialty, Horn.
    A Trap with Good CRC checksums. My editor can read the trap from the portal and please use Raw Dump function to keep the Checksums correct for me.

I am also eager to hear what kind of feedback and testing users can give me. Please, test this program. I plan on eventually making it possible for you to clone a Skylander from one Dump into any other figure in the whole series, if possible.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
about us

Here at NFC-BANK.com you will find the all figurines you will ever need in your daily gaming life, just search and grab the ones you want, with no need for an account, only if you wish to share your own figurines and giveback to others then register an account and upload them.

Thanks and hope you enjoy your stay, any questions or problems just contact us!

-=(NFC Bank Staff)=-

disclaimer

All Posts, Links and Downloads are subject to each author on this website and are no way affiliated with the operations of NFC-Bank.com

NFC-Bank.com © 2014-2020